Our Commitment to Data Protection and Privacy
Underground Knowledge is committed to the privacy of all its clients. In particular, we want to assure you that Underground Knowledge are not in the business of selling, renting or trading personal data with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes.
Who we are
Underground Knowledge is a data controller in respect of personal information that we process in connection with our business. In this policy, references to “we”, “us” or “our” are references to Underground Knowledge.
Our website address is: https://undergroundknowledge.co.uk
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you create a customer account for our Shop will collect your contact data, this will include your name, email address, and postal address. We may also collect your contact phone number.
Purchases and transactions
If you make a purchase from our Shop will collect transaction data, this will include your name, email address, postal address, details of the goods purchased, billing address, and payment information (such as but not limited to payment card details). We may also collect your contact phone number and other delivery information that you volunteer.
Our Contact form collects your name, email address, and any other information you include in your message. Usage of the contact form is considered consent for us to use the information provided to respond to you regarding your communication. We do not share this data with third parties or use it for marketing purposes. We retain the information you send for the remainder of your relationship with us as a client as part of our contractual obligations. Some of your details such as email address and IP address may also be shared with third party anti-spam filters.
- Visit our Website: a cookie may be generated for analytics purposes, see below.
- Send a message via our Contact form: a cookie will be generated by Google.com’s reCAPTCHA service for the purpose of anti-spam checking.
- Visit our Website, or Shop: a cookie may be generated for maintaining your session.
- Opt out of some of the above cookies via our Cookie Advisory Notice: a cookie may be generated to store your preferences.
Your anonymised information may be shared with third-party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics and Facebook.
Who we share your data with
We only share data with third parties for:
- The general running of this site,
- Processing payments, using a service such as PayPal,
- Anti-spam filters when using our contact form,
- Anonymised information with analytics tools, such as Google Analytics for monitoring site health and activity.
We do not share any information for marketing purposes, or in the pursuit of profitable gain.
How long we retain your data
For visitors that register for an account on our Website, we store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
For customers, we retain your data for the duration of your relationship with us as a client, and for while it is required for administrative purposes (legitimate interests) or legal obligations – whichever is the longest.
What rights you have over your data
You are entitled to view, or amend the personal information that we hold (a Data Subject Access Request). You have the following rights over the data we hold about you:
- You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
- You can request that we correct any incorrect information that we hold about you.
- You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative purposes (legitimate interests), contractual obligations, or legal obligations.
Either email your request to us at email@example.com or post it to Underground Knowledge, Unit 2, Roman Court, Roman Road, Coventry, CV2 4JL.
Data Subject Access Requests are free to make, however, we are entitled to charge a reasonable fee, taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information where a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will advise you if we believe that such a fee is required. If a requested fee is not paid, we are not required to supply the requested information.
All requests must be accompanied with two types of proof of identity: one type of proof must be a proof of address, such as a utility bill, council tax bill, or bank statement from the last 12 months; the other type of proof must be a form of photo ID, such as a passport, or driving licence.
If you wish to make a Data Subject Access Request, please remember that:
- Your Request cannot be processed unless we have received proof of your identity.
- You should describe the information you need as clearly as possible – if your request is too broad or unclear, we may need to ask you to be more specific.
- You should include your name and an address for a response.
- The Data Protection Act does not give a right of access to information that is not personal to yourself – that is covered under Freedom of Information and could be subject to exemption from disclosure.
- We will aim to respond to your request within one calendar month.
Where we send your data
Payment information will be processed by a third party, such as PayPal.
Visitor communications with us via our Contact Form may be checked through an automated spam detection service before being directly transmitted to us via email.
Your contact information
Your contact information is only held for communication with you as a client. You can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How we protect your data
Email correspondence and contact details are stored on digitally locked devices.
Customer data is stored in a managed data centre with user credential and password protected access. All data is transmitted over secure protocols.
What data breach procedures we have in place
In the event of us identifying a breach, we will immediately inform all affected customers.